Now Playing
102.3 WBAB
Last Song Played
L.I.'s Only Classic Rock!
On Air
No Program
Now Playing
102.3 WBAB
Last Song Played
L.I.'s Only Classic Rock!

celebrity news

200 items
Results 11 - 20 of 200 < previous next >

Wendy Williams announces 3-week hiatus due to Graves’ disease

Wendy Williams is taking three weeks off from her talk show.

The former radio personality turned daytime TV show host was candid with her live audience Wednesday as she made the announcement. The 53-year-old has Graves’ disease and hyperthyroidism, both of which she has spoken about in the past. 

>> Read more trending news 

“Wendy is a true champion and has never missed a day of work. But her health and well-being must be put before all else,” a show representative told People. “Wendy has been openly dealing with her Graves’ disease for many years, in addition to hyperthyroidism. Yesterday, Wendy’s doctor prescribed a necessary three weeks of rest to get her levels and medication in sync. The show will be in repeats during this unplanned hiatus. A live show was produced today so that Wendy could speak directly to her fans and explain her condition.”

“My doctor has prescribed -- are you ready? As of today, three weeks of vacation,” she said.

Williams then described the symptoms that come with Graves’ disease and hyperthyroidism.

“Along with hyperthyroid and Graves’ disease, it promotes nervousness,” Williams said. “No, I’m not nervous. Anxiety, please. I’m over 30 years in this game.”

Related: Watch: Wendy Williams faints on live TV

The wife and mother to a teenage son did admit she has some symptoms, including a rapid heartbeat.

“Now, I can cop to irritability, but I’m just thinking it’s me micromanaging,” she said. 

Ever the workhorse, Williams said she would be back in less than three weeks.

“I’ll be back in two (weeks). I’m not an heiress. Who is going to pay my bills? Are you serious? I’m just saying, I come from working class,” she said.

Williams said she blamed her symptoms on the stresses of being a working wife and mother, encouraging women to put their health first.

“What I want to say to women, more than men, is stop putting everyone first because if we’re not good, they’re not good,” she said. 

Williams took three days off last week after she said she was “feeling flu-ish.” It was the first time she was out sick from the show since it started in 2009. In October, Williams fainted on-air while introducing a segment.

Related: Wendy Williams addresses fainting on live Halloween show

“That was not a stunt,” Williams said at the end of that episode. “I overheated in my costume, and I did pass out. But you know what? I’m a champ and I’m back.”

CNN reported that there will not be a fill-in host for the show. Repeat episodes will air during the hiatus.

Watch Williams’ message to viewers below.

JAY-Z leaves $11,000 tip on $80,000 bar tab for friend’s birthday celebration

JAY-Z reportedly spent big at a New York bar over the weekend.

According to the New York Post’s Page Six, the rapper and father of three spent a combined $110,000 at three locations in the city while celebrating Roc Nation Sports president Juan “OG” Perez, who is also a close friend of Hov.

>> Read more trending news 

Although his wife, Beyonce, daughter, Blue and in-laws, Tina Knowles Lawson and Richard Lawson, were at the NBA All-Star Game, Jay was reportedly at Zuma, a high-end Japanese restaurant, for dinner. He and his friends, other Roc Nation executives, spent about $13,000, according to Page Six.

The tabloid also reported that the group later went to Manhattan’s Made in Mexico Mexican restaurant and spent $9,000 on drinks.

The last stop was Playroom nightclub, where Page Six reported Jay was seen handing out bottles of his own Ace of Spades Champagne to tables. His group paid full price for 40 bottles of the drink.

People reported that a server posted a photo of the tab at Playroom, showing the bottles totaled more than $80,000. The group left an $11,100 tip.

Related video: Jay-Z and Beyonce Through The Years

Toni Braxton confirms engagement to Birdman

After months of speculation, Toni Braxton has confirmed she is engaged to rapper Birdman.

In a trailer for the singer’s upcoming season of “Braxton Family Values,” Braxton tells her sisters, “I have an announcement to make: I’m engaged!”

>> Read more trending news 

The reality TV show looks at Braxton’s life with her sisters, Trina, Towanda, Tamar and their mother, Evelyn.

E! News reported that Birdman and Braxton met in 2002 and were reported as an item in May 2016. They made their public debut as a couple in June of that year at the BET Awards.

On Wednesday, Birdman, born Bryan Williams, told Wendy Williams he was not married to Braxton "yet."

“That's my girl, my friend, my family,” Birdman told Williams. “That’s my love, my soldier, my life… she's my life. I love her to death.”

This is the second marriage for Braxton, who was married to Keri Lewis from 2001-2013. She has two sons from that marriage: Denim Cole Braxton-Lewis, 16, and Diezel Ky Braxton-Lewis, 14. Birdman has two adult children, Bryan Williams Jr. and Bria Williams, from a previous relationship.

Sylvester Stallone assures fans he is 'alive and well' after death hoax goes viral

Actor Sylvester Stallone is the victim of a death hoax.

A rumor claiming that the 71-year-old actor had passed away recently surfaced on social media — and he was not happy about it.

>> Read more trending news 

Stallone took to Twitter to express his annoyance.

“Please ignore the stupidity,” the “Rocky” star tweeted Monday. “Alive and well and happy and healthy … Still punching!”

>> See the tweet here

Stallone’s younger brother, Frank, also took to the social media platform to inform everyone of the death hoax. And he wasn’t happy either.

“Rumors that my brother is dead are false,” he wrote. “What kind of sick demented cruel mind thinks of things like this to post? People like this are mentally deranged and don’t deserve a place in society.”

>> See the tweet here

Read more here.

Fergie says National Anthem at NBA All-Star Game 'didn't strike the intended tone'

Fergie is responding to critics of her sultry, jazzy rendition of the national anthem at the NBA All-Star Game. The singer issued a statement to TMZ, saying her version at Sunday night’s game in Los Angeles “didn't strike the intended tone.”

>> Read more trending news 

“I’ve always been honored and proud to perform the national anthem and last night I wanted to try something special for the NBA,” the statement said. “I’m a risk taker artistically, but clearly this rendition didn't strike the intended tone. I love this country and honestly tried my best.”

WATCH: Fergie’s national anthem performance at the NBA All-Star Game baffles viewers

Wearing an off-the-shoulder dress, Fergie sang the national anthem with a number of ad-libs and some lengthy notes. At one point, Golden State Warriors player  Draymond Green could be seen stifling a laugh, and so could late-night talk show host Jimmy Kimmel.

One person who had some words of support for Fergie was Mariah Carey, who told TMZ cameras the singer needn’t listen to negativity.

“Darling, nobody needs to listen to that,” she said.

Fergie’s national anthem performance can be watched below.

Chrissy Teigen reveals second baby’s due date

Soon-to-be mom of two Chrissy Teigen stopped by “The Ellen DeGeneres Show” to dish about her pregnancy Monday. The model and cookbook author revealed that she and singer John Legend’s second bundle of joy is due in June.

>> Read more trending news 

“I’m having a baby boy in the spring,” she told DeGeneres, before jokingly whispering, “I’ll tell you: it’s June.” Teigen and Legend announced her pregnancy in November with an Instagram video showing their daughter Luna pointing to the baby in her mother’s belly. Amid speculation of the baby’s gender, the 32-year-old “Lip Sync Battle” host confirmed she is having a boy with a photo from the Grammy Awards red carpet.

While excited for her second child, Teigen shared that one thing she hadn’t quite figured out yet was what to name him.

“It’s just, boy names are really tough,” she said. “I don’t even think he’ll have a middle name, because we can’t even think of a first name.”

Related: Chrissy Teigen pregnant with second child with John Legend

When asked how she and Legend came up with Luna, Teigen revealed it was linked to a happy childhood memory.

“Well, there was a blood moon happening. It was like a very beautiful night. Really big, vivid red moon — just gorgeous. And I have this love for space, and I think about space camp all the time and my days at space camp as a youngster, so I just thought ‘Luna’ was perfect.”

Like a true comedian, DeGeneres joked that the second baby should follow the trend, saying, “What about Lunar?”

Teigen replied with a laugh, “Lunar? I like it,” while Ellen followed up, “What about Urban Legend?”

“I do like that,” Teigen said.

Related: Chrissy Teigen, John Legend expecting baby boy

The “Cravings” author went on to tell Ellen that her husband’s “ego” was all that was standing in the way of them choosing a far more common name.

“Everyone’s like, ‘Why don’t you do the JJ thing — John Jr. — but John and his ego. He was like, ‘I don’t want him to feel like he has to live up to that.'”

“What a jerk!” Teigen joked. “Oh, sorry. Heaven forbid he do what you do.”

Watch a clip of Teigen’s appearance on “Ellen” below.

R. Kelly evicted from Atlanta homes, owes $30K, court documents show

Filings with the magistrate court of Fulton County from Feb. 13 show that the Grammy-winning singer R. Kelly has been evicted from two homes in Atlanta. The  R&B singer was renting houses in the city’s Johns Creek neighborhood. The documents show that Kelly owes SB Property Management Global, LLC more than $31,000 in past due rent payments.  

>> Read more trending news 

Online records for Fulton County don’t show any criminal filings against Kelly. A spokesperson for the singer, Trevian Kutti, told The Atlanta Journal-Constitution that Kelly has “no comment at this time” on the dispossessory affidavits filed against him.

When reached by The Atlanta Journal-Constitution on Monday, Edmond Green of SB Property Management Global, LLC said he could not comment on the filings. The court documents carry Green’s signature as the affiant.

According to the court documents, the homes Kelly has been evicted from are on Old Homestead Trail and Saint Devon Crossing. 

Related: R. Kelly accused of abusing women, running cult

These were the same homes that were reportedly burglarized in 2017A former associate of Kelly’s, Alfonso L. Walker, was accused of breaking into them and selling many of the items inside. Walker, 50, was arrested in December and charged with theft and burglary.

Court filings show that Kelly paid $3,000 per month in rent at Saint Devon Crossing and $11,542 per month in rent at Old Homestead Trail. The homes are 2 miles apart and have Duluth addresses. The Saint Devon Crossing home is in a cul-de-sac off Rogers Bridge Road. The Old Homestead Trail home is in a gated community off Bell Road. Google images shows a pool and a basketball court behind the home.

Related: R. Kelly’s Atlanta mansions emptied while singer was touring

At one time, Kelly rented a third home in Johns Creek on Creek Wind Court. In July 2017, after BuzzFeed published an article claiming that Kelly “held women against their will in a cult” there, Tim and Jonjelyn Savage, of Atlanta, held a press conference outside the home. They said their daughter Joycelyn was “beat” by Kelly and “part of the R. Kelly cult.” Joycelyn later released a video through TMZ saying she was “in a happy place.”

Related: R. Kelly ‘unequivocally denies’ claims he’s holding women against their will in ‘cult’

On Aug. 7, 2017, the Fulton County District Attorney’s Office received a file on Kelly from Johns Creek police. The DA — Paul Howard — said his office did not request the file and was not pursuing charges against Kelly, but his office would review the file.

Dexter Bond, a spokesman for the DA’s office, said in an email earlier this month that the Kelly file is still open and under review.

Céline Dion says her late husband is only man she’s ever kissed

In a recent interview with The Project, 49-year-old music legend Céline Dion got candid about the 2016 death of her husband and manager René Angélil.

Dion described what it felt like to lose Angélil — who died at age 73 after a cancer battle —after decades of marriage.

>> Read more trending news 

“For three years, my husband did not have a sip of water or food. He was eating through a tube,” Dion said. “The only thing I hoped while he was in three years of agony: I wanted him to live in peace. I wanted him to feel so light and no worries. He had a little heart attack. It’s so quick; he didn’t even feel anything. I thought that he was like liberated from his pain.”

“He’s the only man I’ve seen. The only man I’ve loved. The only man I’ve kissed,” the Canadian added.

Angélil — with whom Dion shared sons René-Charles Angélil, 17, and twins Eddy and Nelson Angélil, 7 — died two days before his 74th birthday and days before the death of Dion’s brother, Daniel Dion. As Dion’s longtime music manager, Angélil had always had a role in her life personally and professionally.

Dion has a bronze replica of Angélil’s hand that she brings along to every one of her performances. With two Las Vegas residencies that combined have spanned well over a decade and counting, she’s had many performances with his hand in hers since his passing. 

Dion put her residency on hold during her husband’s bout with cancer, but it was Angélil’s constant support even through his illness that quickly led Dion back to the stage.

“I shake my husband’s hand and knock on wood with him every night before every show,” Dion, 49, told The Daily Telegraph. “Even after he’s gone, I still talk to him.”

A month before Angélil’s death, the longtime couple celebrated their 21st wedding anniversary.

“My husband wanted me to go back onstage before he passed; that’s what he wanted the most,” Dion said. “So I went back onstage while he was still alive; he wanted to make sure I could keep going. So I did prove to him (that), yes, I could keep going. I told him I’ve got the kids and that he’s got to trust me, he’s got to relax.

“He taught me so much. He did a great job; what he had been giving to me all his life and all my life will always be with me. He gave me his all. He mortgaged his house to pay for my first album. I guess before he left he wanted to make sure I was fine. I’m trying to prove to him every day I’m fine. Our kids are growing. We feel strong. We’re good.”

BAFTA Film Awards 2018: See the complete winners list

Check out which films, stars and directors won big Sunday at the 2018 British Academy Film Awards in London. 

>> PHOTOS: BAFTA Film Awards 2018 red carpet

  • Best film: "Three Billboards Outside Ebbing, Missouri"
  • Outstanding British film: "Three Billboards Outside Ebbing, Missouri"
  • Outstanding debut by a British writer, director or producer: "I Am Not a Witch," Rungano Nyoni (writer/director), Emily Morgan (producer)
  • Film not in the English language: "The Handmaiden"
  • Documentary: "I Am Not Your Negro"
  • Animated film: "Coco"
  • Director: "The Shape of Water," Guillermo del Toro
  • Original screenplay: "Three Billboards Outside Ebbing, Missouri," Martin McDonagh
  • Adapted screenplay: "Call Me by Your Name," James Ivory
  • Leading actress: Frances McDormand, "Three Billboards Outside Ebbing, Missouri"
  • Leading actor: Gary Oldman, "Darkest Hour"
  • Supporting actress: Allison Janney, "I, Tonya"
  • Supporting actor: Sam Rockwell, "Three Billboards Outside Ebbing, Missouri"
  • Original music: "The Shape of Water," Alexandre Desplat
  • Cinematography: "Blade Runner 2049," Roger Deakins
  • Editing: "Baby Driver," Jonathan Amos, Paul Machliss
  • Production design: "The Shape of Water," Paul Austerberry, Jeff Melvin, Shane Vieau
  • Costume design: "Phantom Thread," Mark Bridges
  • Makeup and hair: "Darkest Hour," David Malinowski, Ivana Primorac, Lucy Sibbick, Kazuhiro Tsuji
  • Sound: "Dunkirk," Alex Gibson, Richard King, Gregg Landaker, Gary A. Rizzo, Mark Weingarten
  • Special visual effects: "Blade Runner 2049," Richard R. Hoover, Paul Lambert, Gerd Nefzer, John Nelson
  • British short animation: "Poles apart," Paloma Baeza, Ser En Low
  • British short film: "Cowboy Dave," Colin O’Toole, Jonas Mortensen
  • EE rising star award (voted for by the public): Daniel Kaluuya
  • Fellowship: Sir Ridley Scott
  • Outstanding British contribution to cinema: National Film and Television School (NFTS)

>> Read more trending news 

Photos: BAFTA Film Awards 2018 red carpet

Kate Middleton, Lupita Nyong’o, Angelina Jolie, Margot Robbie, Jennifer Lawrence and other stars rocked the red carpet at the 2018 British Academy Film Awards in London.

200 items
Results 11 - 20 of 200 < previous next >