Now Playing
102.3 WBAB
Last Song Played
L.I.'s Only Classic Rock!
On Air
No Program
Now Playing
102.3 WBAB
Last Song Played
L.I.'s Only Classic Rock!

Posted: July 11, 2017

14-year-old electrocuted by cellphone while taking a bath


Related

By Theresa Seiger, Cox Media Group National Content Desk

LUBBOCK, Texas —

A 14-year-old Texas girl died Sunday morning after she was electrocuted while using her cellphone in the bathtub, according to family members.

>> Read more trending news

“This is such a tragedy that doesn’t need to happen to anyone else,” Madison Coe’s grandmother, Donna O’Guinn, told KCBD. “We want something good to come out of this as awareness of not using your cellphone in the bathroom as it is plugged in and charging.”

O’Guinn and Madison’s mother told the news station that the teen was in the bathtub when she either plugged her phone in or grabbed her phone while it was charging at her father’s house in Lovington, New Mexico. She was electrocuted and died early Sunday morning, according to KCBD.

“There was a burn mark on her hand, the hand that would have grabbed the phone,” O’Guinn told the news station. “That was just very obvious that that’s what had happened.”

Madison Coe just graduated 8th grade from Terra Vista Middle School in Frenship ISD. She was in the band, played...

Posted by KCBD NewsChannel 11 on Monday, July 10, 2017

Madison had recently graduated from the eighth grade at Terra Vista Middle School in Lubbock, Texas, according to KCBD.

“She was very smart. Very good student in school. She just loved life," O'Guinn told the news station. “She was just sweet to everybody and everybody loved her.”


There are no comments yet. Be the first to post your thoughts. or Register.

 
 

THE BEST OF “ROGER & JP’S HOTTEST…”

Check out ALL of the Long Island ladies that have been a part of previous Roger & JP’s Hottest Contests.