NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR TO WIN. A PURCHASE WILL NOT IMPROVE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. ALL FEDERAL, STATE, LOCAL AND MUNICIPAL LAWS AND REGULATIONS APPLY. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED.
1. Eligibility. Subject to the additional restrictions below, the WBAB Ride for Free Sweepstakes (the “Sweepstakes”) is open to legal U.S. residents who (i) are 18 years of age or older and the age of majority in their jurisdictions of residence at the time of entry; and (ii) are residing in Nassau or Suffolk County in New York State. Listeners accessing Sponsor’s radio station(s) audio via IP connections like website-based streaming or mobile devices are welcome to enter. Employees of CMG NY/Texas Radio, LLC d/b/a Cox Media Group Long Island (“Sponsor”), CMG Media Corporation, Harley-Davidson Motor Company, Inc., Suffolk County Harley-Davidson, and each of their respective affiliated companies, subsidiaries, and advertising and promotional agencies, and the family members of, and any persons domiciled with, any such employees, are not eligible to enter or to win. The term “family members” includes spouses, parents, grandparents, siblings, children, grandchildren and in-laws, regardless of where they live. Persons belonging to or affiliated with a professional acting, theater, or film-making organization, such as SAG or AFTRA, are not allowed to compete in the Sweepstakes or participate in any entry. Professional actors and filmmakers, whether full-time or part-time, are allowed to compete so long as they do not belong to any professional organizations connected with the entertainment industry that would cause Sponsor to pay the entrant or any other person a fee or any other benefit for taking part in any Sweepstakes event.
Only one (1) prize winner may be selected from the same household every thirty (30) days in connection with any sweepstakes or contest sponsored or administered by WBAB. If you or a member of your household has won a prize from WBAB within the last thirty (30) days, you will be ineligible to receive a prize in this Sweepstakes.
2. Sweepstakes Period. The Sweepstakes will begin on January 9, 2023, at 8:00 a.m. Eastern Time (“ET”) and end on March 25, 2023, at a time to be determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion (the “Sweepstakes Period”).
3. Entry Methods and Entry Periods. The Sweepstakes consists of (i) weekday chances on-air to qualify as a Finalist; and (ii) on-site drawings at various remote events to qualify as a Finalist.
There are four (4) ways to enter the Sweepstakes for a chance to be selected as a finalist for the Grand Prize (each, a “Finalist”):
i. Cue to Call (weekdays, January 9, 2023 – March 10, 2023)
Enter by listening to WBAB (the “Station”) each weekday from January 9 to March 10, 2023, between 8:00 a.m. and 5:00 p.m. EST for the cue to call (the “Cue”). When you hear the Cue, call Sponsor’s Sweepstakes Line at 1-631-955-9222 (the “Sweepstakes Line”) to try to be the caller number designated in the Cue. Subject to verification of eligibility and compliance with these Official Rules, the designated caller number to call Sponsor’s Sweepstakes Line, as solely determined by Sponsor, will be designated a potential Grand Prize Event finalist (each, a “Finalist”).
The determinations of Sponsor and Sweepstakes operators will be final and binding in all respects. Up to two (2) on-air Finalists will be selected each weekday. There will be a maximum total of ninety (90) Cue to Call Finalists selected.
Odds of being selected as a Finalist depend on the number of eligible entries received and the order in which telephone calls are answered.
Limit: You may enter the Cue to Call component of the Sweepstakes as often as you like but may only be selected as a Finalist once, regardless of method of entry.
Entry into the Cue-to-Call shall be deemed consent to record any telephone conversation between a potential winner and Sponsor. Listeners accessing Sponsor’s radio station audio via IP connections like website-based streaming or mobile devices are welcome to enter. However, Sponsor cannot be responsible for delays in electronic transmission of station audio to IP devices. By entering the Sweepstakes, listeners acknowledge and agree to this specific provision of these Sweepstakes Rules.
In addition, Sponsor will not be responsible for loss of service to a Sweepstakes Line or for a participant’s failure to reach a Sweepstakes Line due to malfunction of any network or system, congestion, any technical or human error, failures or malfunctions of any kind, including the congestion, overload, busy signals, or any other factor that may prevent an individual from completing his/her phone call. In the event of interruption of power or telephone service to Sponsor during call-in period of a Sweepstakes prior to accepting the correct caller, or a change in programming that results in Sponsor’s inability to air call-in opportunity, Sponsor will not replay the affected call-in opportunity and the number of prizes awarded in the Sweepstakes will be reduced accordingly. If the correct caller is ineligible, or fails to comply with any term of condition of these Official Rules, that caller will be disqualified, and Sponsor will resume the call-in opportunity and declare the next caller a winner, pending verification of eligibility and compliance with these Official Rules.
Telephone calls will be taken by Sweepstakes operators in the order they are received, and the operators will count the number of calls received after each on-air Sweepstakes cue to call to determine the correct caller. The determinations of Sponsor and Sweepstakes operators will be final and binding in all respects.
In the event a caller gets disconnected for any reason before being declared a winner, Sponsor may resume the call-in opportunity affected and declare the next caller a winner, pending verification of eligibility and compliance with these Official Rules. Sponsor will not be responsible for dropped calls from mobile devices or land lines and dropped calls may result in a potential winner’s disqualification and forfeiture of all interest in any prize. Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify any entries by persons who submit false or misleading entry information or who Sponsor determines to be tampering with or abusing any aspect of the Sweepstakes.
Any winning entrant must be the same person who originally dialed the phone to the radio station to the radio station to participate in a Sweepstakes. No family members, friends, office associates, or any other person will be allowed to participate in a Sweepstakes on another person’s behalf. An entrant must provide his or her own name as listed on his or her valid New York driver’s license or New York state-issued ID (or other proof of New York residency, such as a copy of a utility bill). If a participant uses a false name on any ID submitted as proof of identification, he or she will be immediately disqualified from the Sweepstakes and be ineligible to win any prize.
ii. Website (January 9 – March 24, 2023)
To enter through the website, visit the WBAB Ride for Free Sweepstakes official registration page under “Contests” on WBAB.com (the “Website”) and complete all of the required information and follow all posted instructions between January 9, 2023, at 12:01 a.m. ET, and March 24, 2023, at 12:00 p.m. ET.
Limit: Maximum one (1) entry per person and per email address during the Sweepstakes Period.
Odds of being selected as a Finalist depend on the number of eligible entries received. Sponsor will select up to one (1) Finalists from among all eligible Website entries.
iii. Entry at participating remote locations (various dates throughout the Sweepstakes Period)
During the Sweepstakes Period, visit the Station website (WBAB.com/contests) for information on participating remote locations. To enter, visit the remote location and complete the required entry form with all required information. At the end of each remote event, Sponsor will select one (1) potential Finalist from among all eligible entries received. Up to ten (10) Finalists will be selected via this method of entry.
Limit: Maximum one (1) entry per person per email address per remote location during the Sweepstakes Period.
Odds of being selected as a Finalist depend on the number of eligible entries received.
iv. Day of the Grand Prize Event remote location
On March 25, 2023, the day of the Grand Prize Event, visit the Station website for information on the Grand Prize Event, which will take place at Suffolk County Harley-Davidson (location subject to change in Sponsor’s sole discretion). To enter, visit the Grand Prize Event location and complete the official entry form with all required information. For the first thirty (30) minutes of the Grand Prize Event, participants will be allowed to enter. Sponsor will select one (1) Finalist from among all eligible entries received.
Limit: Maximum one (1) entry per person and per email address during the Sweepstakes Period.
Odds of being selected as a Finalist depend on the number of eligible entries received.
o WBAB (Long Island, NY)
4. Limits on Entry. You may enter under any method of entry according to the limits on number of entries set forth above, but you may only be selected as a Finalist once.
Any winning contestant must be the same person who originally entered to participate in the Sweepstakes. No family members, friends, office associates, or any other person will be allowed to participate in a Sweepstakes on another person’s behalf. A contestant must provide his or her own name as listed on his or her valid New York driver’s license or New York state-issued ID (or other proof of New York residency, such as a copy of a utility bill). If a participant uses a false name on any ID submitted as proof of identification, he or she will be immediately disqualified from the Sweepstakes and be ineligible to win any prize.
The use of multiple identities and/or accounts is prohibited, and any attempt to obtain more than the stated number of entries will void that participant’s entries and may result in participant’s disqualification. Incomplete, forged, altered, automated, mechanically reproduced, lost, late, misdirected, garbled, or illegible entries, or entries that do not meet the size or formatting requirements specified above, will be disqualified. Sponsor will not be responsible for failure to receive entries due to closure/cancellation of a participating location or remote, transmission failures or technical failures of any kind, including, without limitation, malfunctioning of any network, hardware or software, whether originating with sender, Sponsor, or Sponsor’s Sweepstakes application service provider.
Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify any entries by persons who submit false or misleading entry information or who Sponsor determines to be tampering with or abusing any aspect of the Sweepstakes.
All entries become property of Sponsor and none will be returned. Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify any entries by persons who submit false or misleading entry information or who Sponsor determines to be tampering with or abusing any aspect of the Sweepstakes.
5. Grand Prize Event. On or about March 25, 2023, Sponsor will host an in-person event for up to one hundred and two (102) Finalists to each use a motorcycle key to try to start the ignition on a designated motorcycle (the “Event”). To participate, each Finalist must attend the Event and complete the registration form with all required information at least 15 minutes prior to the start of the Event. Finalists must be present to participate in the Grand Prize Event. Finalists who are not present at the Grand Prize Event will be disqualified and replacement Finalists may be selected by random drawing from among non-Finalists in attendance at the Event.
Sponsor will give each Finalist a numbered ticket. After all Finalists have received a numbered ticket, Sponsor will select ticket numbers randomly to determine the order in which Finalists will approach the motorcycle to see if their assigned key will start the vehicle. When each ticket number is drawn, Sponsor will hand the applicable Finalist one (1) motorcycle key as that Finalist approaches the motorcycle. The Finalist who successfully starts the motorcycle will be the winner, subject to verification of eligibility and compliance with these Official Rules.
Maximum odds of winning: 102:1.
6. Prize Description.
Grand Prize: Subject to verification of eligibility and compliance with these Official Rules, the potential winner will receive one (1) Harley-Davidson Live Wire Motorcycle with a predetermined set of standard factory options, features, and color (subject to availability) to be selected by Sponsor, at its sole discretion (the “Prize Motorcycle”).
The approximate retail value (“ARV”) of the Grand Prize to be awarded in the Sweepstakes is $30,500.
7. Winner Notification and Acceptance. All Finalists will be contacted by Sponsor no later than March 25, 2023 at the contact information provided on each Finalist’s entry materials.
The Grand Prize winners will be notified in person during the Grand Prize Event.
In order to claim a prize, potential winner must respond to Sponsor’s notification within four (4) hours of notice or attempted notice.
Potential winners may be required to complete an affidavit of eligibility, a liability and publicity release (except where prohibited by law), and a written commitment to attend the Event, all of which must be notarized and returned within twenty-four (24) hours of notification.
Sponsor’s inability to reach a potential winner after a reasonable (as solely determined by Sponsor) effort has been made, the failure of a potential winner to timely respond to a prize notification, the return of any prize notification as undeliverable, the inability of winner and his/her guest to attend the event within the time period specified by Sponsor, and/or a potential winner’s failure to comply with any term or condition of these Official Rules may, in Sponsor’s sole discretion, result in the potential winner’s disqualification and the selection of a substitute winner by a random drawing from among all remaining eligible entries received during the Sweepstakes Period. Sponsor will conduct up to three (3) alternate drawings, after which the prize will remain unawarded.
A PARTICIPANT IS NOT A WINNER OF ANY PRIZE UNLESS AND UNTIL SPONSOR HAS COMPLETED ITS VERIFICATION OF PARTICIPANT’S ELIGIBILITY AND COMPLIANCE WITH THESE OFFICIAL RULES.
To claim the prize and take possession of the Prize Motorcycle, Grand Prize winner must show proof of a valid driver’s license and insurance. Grand Prize winner is responsible for complying with all requirements related to registration, licensing and titling of the Prize Motorcycle in prize winner’s state. Grand Prize winner must take delivery of and title to the Prize Motorcycle at a location designated by Suffolk County Harley-Davidson. Sponsor is responsible for delivery of the Prize Motorcycle to Grand Prize winner’s location.
THE GRAND PRIZE WINNER WILL BE RESPONSIBLE ANY TAXES, TITLE, INSURANCE, LICENSE FEES, AND ALL OTHER COSTS THAT ARE NOT EXPRESSLY LISTED IN THE PRIZE DESCRIPTION AND THAT ARE INCURRED IN CLAIMING, REGISTERING, TAKING POSSESSION OF, OR USING THE PRIZE MOTORCYCLE. Sponsor will determine all Prize Motorcycle options including, but not limited to, motor, powertrain, suspension, brakes, and colors. The Grand Prize winner will be responsible for all costs associated with any upgrade or options not included in the prize description. Sponsor does not make and is not responsible or liable for any warranty, representation, or guarantee, whether express or implied, in fact or in law, relative to the Prize Motorcycle including but not limited to its quality, fitness for any purpose, or mechanical condition. The Prize Motorcycle will be delivered solely with the express limited warranties set forth in the Prize Motorcycle’s Owner’s Manual, if any, which warranties will run for the term set forth in the Manual. Sponsor reserves the right to extend the delivery date or, in its sole discretion, to substitute another model or another vehicle of equal or greater value for any reason whatsoever. The Prize Motorcycle will be released only upon presentation of valid driver’s license and satisfactory proof of insurance and any other documentation required by law.
A winner may waive the right to receive a prize. Prizes are non-assignable and nontransferable and cannot be redeemed for cash. No substitutions allowed by winner. Prizes and individual components of prize packages are subject to availability. Sponsor reserves the right to substitute prizes or components of prize packages with a prize or component of equal or greater value. Winner is solely responsible for reporting and payment of any taxes on a prize. Winner may be required to provide his/her valid Social Security Number to Sponsor for tax purposes and/or complete an IRS W-9 form in order to claim a prize. Winners are solely responsible for all federal, state and local taxes on prize value and, as applicable, will be issued an IRS Form 1099 based on the prize value determined by Sponsor. Prizes not won and claimed by eligible winners in accordance with these Official Rules will not be awarded and will remain the property of Sponsor
8. Publicity. Except where prohibited, acceptance of any prize constitutes the winner’s irrevocable consent to the publication or other use by Sponsor and its licensees of his or her name, biographical information and likeness in any media, including the Internet, for any commercial, publicity or promotional purpose, without limitation, review or approval, or additional compensation.
9. Participation. By participating, participants agree to be bound by these Official Rules and the decisions of Sponsor and any Sweepstakes judges or administrators selected by Sponsor, which are final and binding in all respects. Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify persons found tampering with or otherwise abusing any aspect of this Sweepstakes as solely determined by Sponsor. In the event the Sweepstakes is compromised by tampering or other causes beyond the reasonable control of Sponsor which corrupt or impair the administration, security, fairness or proper operation of the Sweepstakes, Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion to suspend, modify or terminate the Sweepstakes. Should the Sweepstakes be terminated prior to the stated expiration date, Sponsor reserves the right to award prizes based on the entries received before the termination date. Proof of sending or submission of an entry will not be deemed proof of receipt by Sponsor.
10. Release. BY PARTICIPATING IN THE SWEEPSTAKES, EACH PARTICIPANT AGREES TO FULLY RELEASE, FOREVER DISCHARGE AND HOLD HARMLESS SPONSOR, CMG MEDIA CORPORATION, Harley-Davidson Motor Company, Inc., Suffolk County Harley-Davidson, AND EACH OF THEIR RESPECTIVE SUBSIDIARIES, AFFILIATES, SUPPLIERS, DISTRIBUTORS, ADVERTISING/PROMOTION AGENCIES, AND PRIZE SUPPLIERS AND EACH SUCH COMPANY’S OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, EMPLOYEES, AGENTS, REPRESENTATIVES, AND SUCCESSORS AND ASSIGNS (COLLECTIVELY, THE “RELEASED PARTIES”) FROM AND AGAINST ANY CLAIMS, COSTS, LIABILITIES, LOSSES, INJURIES, AND DAMAGES ARISING OUT OF THE SWEEPSTAKES, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, ANY CLAIMS FOR PERSONAL INJURY, DEATH, OR DAMAGE TO OR LOSS OF PROPERTY, LOSS OF ENJOYMENT, OR ANY OTHER HARM WHATSOEVER ARISING OUT OF: (1) PARTICIPATION IN THE SWEEPSTAKES; (2) THE QUALITY, RECEIPT, POSSESSION, USE, OR MISUSE OF ANY PRIZE; OR (3) ANY TRAVEL OR ACTIVITY THAT IS RELATED TO THE SWEEPSTAKES OR ANY PRIZE.
11. Limitations of Liability. By PARTICIPATING IN the Sweepstakes, PARTICIPANTs acknowledge and agree that EVERYTHING REGARDING THIS SWEEPSTAKES, INCLUDING THE WEBSITE(S), APP(S), aND prize(S), ARE provided “as is” and that Sponsor makes no representations or warranties OF ANY KIND, express or implied, about the Prize(S) and sponsor hereby DISCLAIMS all such warranties, including, but not limited to, any implied warranties of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose. (BECAUSE SOME STATES DO NOT ALLOW THE EXCLUSION OR LIMITATION OF CERTAIN IMPLIED WARRANTIES, THE ABOVE LIMITATION MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU. IN SUCH STATES, THE LIABILITY OF THE RELEASED PARTIES IS LIMITED TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY SUCH STATE LAW.)
The Released Parties are not responsible for: (1) any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by PARTICIPANTs, printing OR PRODUCTION errors, or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or EMPLOYED in the Sweepstakes; (2) technical failures of any kind, including, but not limited to malfunctions, interruptions, or disconnections in phone lines or network hardware or software; (3) unauthorized human intervention in any part of the entry process or the Sweepstakes; (4) technical or human error which may occur in the administration of the Sweepstakes, the processing of entries, or the notification of any winner; or (5) any injury or damage to persons or property which may be caused, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from A PARTICIPANT’S participation in the Sweepstakes or receipt or use or misuse of any prize.
The Released Parties are not responsible for: (1) any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by participants, printing or production errors, or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or employed in the Sweepstakes; (2) technical failures of any kind, including, but not limited to malfunctions, interruptions, or disconnections in phone lines or network hardware or software; (3) unauthorized human intervention in any part of the entry process or the Sweepstakes; (4) technical or human error which may occur in the administration of the Sweepstakes, the processing of entries, or the notification of any winner; or (5) any injury or damage to persons or property which may be caused, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from a participant’s participation in the Sweepstakes or receipt or use or misuse of any prize
Only the number of prizes stated in these Official Rules is available to be won in the Sweepstakes. In the event that production, technical, seeding, programming, or any other reasons cause more than the stated number of prizes as set forth in these Official Rules to be available and/or claimed, Sponsor reserves the right to award only the number of prizes stated in these Official Rules by a random drawing among all legitimate eligible prize claims and no additional prizes will be awarded.
12. Construction. The invalidity or unenforceability of any provision of these rules shall not affect the validity or enforceability of any other provision. In the event that any such provision is determined to be invalid or otherwise unenforceable, these Official Rules shall be construed in accordance with their terms as if the invalid or unenforceable provision was not contained therein.
13. Sponsor. The WBAB Ride for Free Sweepstakes is sponsored by CMG NY/TX Radio, LLC d/b/a Cox Media Group Long Island. The decisions of Sponsor regarding the selection of winners and all other aspects of the Sweepstakes shall be final and binding in all respects. Sponsor will not be responsible for typographical, printing or other inadvertent errors in these Official Rules or in other materials or announcements relating to the Sweepstakes. For a list of winners (available after March 31, 2022) or a copy of these Official Rules, send a self-addressed, stamped envelope to “Winners List/Official Rules” (as applicable), WBAB Ride for Free Sweepstakes, 555 Sunrise Highway, West Babylon, NY 11704. If you have any questions regarding this Sweepstakes, please contact Shari Ruziecki at email@example.com.
©2022 Cox Media Group