1. NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR TO WIN. A PURCHASE WILL NOT IMPROVE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. ALL FEDERAL, STATE, LOCAL AND MUNICIPAL LAWS AND REGULATIONS APPLY. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED.
2. Eligibility. Subject to the additional restrictions below, the JOURNEY CRUISE CONTEST (the “Sweepstakes”) is open to adults who currently reside or are employed in Nassau or Suffolk County in the state of New York, who are 21 years or older at the time of entry.Employees of Cox Media Group Long Island/WBAB (“Sponsor”), Live Nation Worldwide, Carnival Cruise Lines, NewmanPR and each of their respective affiliated companies, subsidiaries, and advertising and promotional agencies, other New York area radio stations, and the family members of, and any persons domiciled with, any such employees, are not eligible to enter or to win. The term “family members” includes spouses, parents, grandparents, siblings, children, grandchildren and in-laws, regardless of where they live.
3. How To Enter. The Sweepstakes will begin at 9:00 a.m. E.T. on March 14, 2016 and end at 5:00 p.m. E.T. on March 18, 2016 (the “Sweepstakes Period”). Sponsor will be the official timekeeper for the Sweepstakes.
To participate in the contest, contestants must listen to 102.3 WBAB weekdays between 9am and 5pm ET during the contest period for any song from the band “Journey”. Anytime a Journey song is played on WBAB, caller 20 at 631-955-WBAB will win the concert tickets and qualify for the grand prize. WBAB will begin taking calls at the start of the song.
The use of multiple identities and/or accounts is prohibited, and any attempt to obtain more than the stated number of entries will void that participant’s entries and may result in participant’s disqualification. Incomplete, forged, altered, automated, mechanically-reproduced, lost, late, misdirected, garbled or illegible entries will be disqualified. Sponsor will not be responsible for failure to receive entries or picks due to transmission failures or technical failures of any kind, including, without limitation, malfunctioning of any network, hardware or software, whether originating with sender, Sponsor, or Sponsor’s Contest application service provider. In the event of a dispute, all online entries will be deemed to have been submitted by the owner of the ISP account from which they were sent, provided that such person satisfies all other Contest eligibility requirements. For these purposes, an ISP account holder shall mean the natural person assigned to such ISP account by the Internet access provider, online service provider or other organization responsible for assigning ISP addresses for the domain associated with such ISP account.
All entries and picks become property of Sponsor and none will be returned. Any questions regarding the picks, the number of entries submitted, or the owner of an ISP account shall be determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion, and Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify any entries by persons who submit false or misleading entry information or who Sponsor determines to be tampering with or abusing any aspect of the Contest.
4. Winner Selection and Odds. Every weekday from March 14, 2016 through March 18, 2016, WBAB will award the qualifying prize to caller 20 at 955-WBAB when any Journey song is played on WBAB during the contest period.
Limit: One (1) prize per person and per household.
You may only qualify for the Journey Cruise Contest on-air once during the contest period. Only one Journey Cruise Contest qualifier per household is permitted. This contest is exempt from the “30-day rule”, so contestants may have won a prize within 30 days and still qualify and are still eligible to win a non-related prize within 30-days after qualifying.
On March 18, 2016 at 5pm ET, WBAB will select one winner by random drawing from all on-air qualifiers for the Grand Prize.
Odds of winning the grand prize are 1 in 20.
Contestants need not be listening to win.
5. Prize Description. A maximum of twenty (20) qualifying prizes and one (1) grand prize will be awarded during the contest period.
Twenty (20) Qualifying Prizes: Subject to verification of eligibility and compliance with these Official Rules, 20 qualifiers will each receive two tickets to see Journey at Madison Square Garden on April 14, 2016.
One (1) Grand Prize: Subject to verification of eligibility and compliance with these Official Rules, one (1) grand prize winner will received a seven-day cruise for two aboard Carnival Cruise Line’s Carnival Pride, departing from Baltimore, MD on May 1, 2016 and returning on May 8, 2016. Prize includes an ocean-view stateroom for two, a Carnival VIP package with two tickets to the onboard Journey concert with preferred seating, commemorative VIP pass and meet and greet with the band. Prize includes all meals, gratuities, most activities and entertainment. (Approximate prize value: $2,100).
Winner is responsible for applicable port taxes and fees (approximately$250.48).
Grand Prize includes round trip economy class train fare for Grand Prize winner and one (1) guest from New York Penn Station to Baltimore Penn Station. Sponsor will determine travel itinerary and seating in its sole discretion.
All expenses and incidental travel costs not expressly stated in the prize package description above, including ground transportation, gratuities, transportation to and from train station, incidentals, passenger tariffs or duties, surcharges, fees, service charges or facility charges, personal charges at lodging, security fees, taxes, and all other expenses not specified above, are the sole responsibility of Grand Prize winner. Travel is subject to the terms and conditions set forth in this Sweepstakes and those set forth by the Sponsor’s train carrier of choice, as set forth in the passenger ticket contract. Grand Prize winner and guest are responsible for obtaining any insurance (including but not limited to, any travel or health insurance).
Grand Prize winner and travel companion are responsible for obtaining identification documents necessary for travel. Grand Prize winner may be required to present a credit card at time of cruise check-in. Grand Prize winner and travel companion must travel on identical itinerary. Unless a child of the Grand Prize winner, guest must be at least twenty-one (21) years of age as of the date of departure. Per Carnival Cruise Line’s minor policy, guests under the age of 21 must travel with a relative or guardian who is 25 years of age or older. If Grand Prize winner does not designate a guest in accordance with these Official Rules, no consideration will be provided to the Grand Prize winner for the value of the guest’s portion of the prize package. Grand Prize winner must provide Sponsor with the name, address, and date of birth of his/her guest by 5pm ET on March 22, 2016. If Grand Prize Winner changes his/her guest after the travel is booked, Grand Prize winner will be required to pay any transfer fees imposed. No credit or cash will be given for any unused portion of the Grand Prize.
No refund or compensation will be paid in the event of the cancellation or delay of the selected trip, or any portion thereof. Sponsor will not be liable if the trip, or any portion of it, is cancelled or delayed. Sponsor may, in its sole discretion, attempt to reschedule for a future trip. Concert tickets are subject to certain terms and conditions as specified by issuer. The terms and conditions of the concert tickets may govern if the concert is cancelled due to weather, an act of God, an act of terrorism, civil disturbance or any other reason. Sponsor is not responsible for, and will not replace, lost, mutilated, or stolen concert tickets, vouchers, or certificates. Exact details, including seat locations, shall be determined in the sole discretion of Sponsor.
6. Winner Notification and Acceptance. Winner will be contacted when prizes are available to be picked up. To claim his/her prize, the potential winner must personally visit Sponsor’s offices at 555 Sunrise Highway, West Babylon NY 11704 within ten days after notification (office visits must be between the hours of 9:00 a.m. ET and 5:30 p.m. ET weekdays) and must present a valid government-issued photo ID.
Sponsor’s inability to reach a potential winner after a reasonable (as solely determined by Sponsor) effort has been made, the failure of a potential winner to timely respond to a prize notification, the return of any prize notification as undeliverable, and/or a potential winner’s failure to comply with any term or condition of these Official Rules may, in Sponsor’s sole discretion, result in the potential winner’s disqualification and the selection of a substitute winner by a random drawing from among all remaining eligible entries received during the Sweepstakes Period.
A PARTICIPANT IS NOT A WINNER OF ANY PRIZE UNLESS AND UNTIL SPONSOR HAS COMPLETED ITS VERIFICATION OF PARTICIPANT’S ELIGIBILITY.
A winner may waive the right to receive a prize. Prizes are non-assignable and nontransferable and cannot be redeemed for cash. No substitutions allowed by winner. Prizes and individual components of prize packages are subject to availability. Sponsor reserves the right to substitute prizes or components of prize packages with a prize or component of equal or greater value. Winner is solely responsible for reporting and payment of any taxes on a prize. Winner may be required to provide his/her valid Social Security Number to Sponsor for tax purposes and/or complete an IRS W-9 form in order to claim a prize. Winners are solely responsible for all federal, state and local taxes on prize value and, as applicable, will be issued an IRS Form 1099 based on the prize value determined by Sponsor. Grand prize winner may be responsible for taxes and incidentals not included in the prize. Prizes not won and claimed by eligible winners in accordance with these Official Rules will not be awarded and will remain the property of Sponsor.
7. Publicity. Except where prohibited, acceptance of any prize constitutes the winner’s irrevocable consent to the publication or other use by Sponsor and its licensees of his or her name, biographical information and likeness in any media, including the Internet, for any commercial, publicity or promotional purpose, without limitation, review or approval, or additional compensation.
8. Participation. By participating, participants agree to be bound by these Official Rules and the decisions of Sponsor and any Sweepstakes judges or administrators selected by Sponsor, which are final and binding in all respects. Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify persons found tampering with or otherwise abusing any aspect of this Sweepstakes as solely determined by Sponsor. In the event the Sweepstakes is compromised by tampering or other causes beyond the reasonable control of Sponsor which corrupt or impair the administration, security, fairness or proper operation of the Sweepstakes, Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion to suspend, modify or terminate the Sweepstakes. Should the Sweepstakes be terminated prior to the stated expiration date, Sponsor reserves the right to award prizes based on the entries received before the termination date. Proof of sending or submission of an entry will not be deemed proof of receipt by Sponsor.
9. Release. BY PARTICIPATING IN THE SWEEPSTAKES, EACH PARTICIPANT AGREES TO FULLY RELEASE, FOREVER DISCHARGE AND HOLD HARMLESS SPONSOR, COX MEDIA GROUP, INC., COX ENTERPRISES, INC., COOL BREEZE CONCERTS, HARD ROCK HOTEL RIVIERA MAYA AND THEIR RESPECTIVE SUBSIDIARIES, AFFILIATES, SUPPLIERS, DISTRIBUTORS, ADVERTISING/PROMOTION AGENCIES, AND PRIZE SUPPLIERS AND EACH SUCH COMPANY’S OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, EMPLOYEES, AGENTS, REPRESENTATIVES, AND SUCCESSORS AND ASSIGNS (COLLECTIVELY, THE “RELEASED PARTIES”) FROM AND AGAINST ANY CLAIMS, COSTS, LIABILITIES, LOSSES, INJURIES, AND DAMAGES ARISING OUT OF THE SWEEPSTAKES, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, ANY CLAIMS FOR PERSONAL INJURY, DEATH, OR DAMAGE TO OR LOSS OF PROPERTY, LOSS OF ENJOYMENT, OR ANY OTHER HARM WHATSOEVER ARISING OUT OF: (1) PARTICIPATION IN THE SWEEPSTAKES; (2) THE QUALITY, RECEIPT, POSSESSION, USE, OR MISUSE OF ANY PRIZE; OR (3) ANY TRAVEL OR ACTIVITY THAT IS RELATED TO THE SWEEPSTAKES OR ANY PRIZE.
10. Limitations of Liability. By PARTICIPATING IN the Sweepstakes, PARTICIPANTs acknowledge and agree that EVERYTHING REGARDING THIS SWEEPSTAKES, INCLUDING THE prize(S), ARE provided “as is” and that Sponsor makes no representations or warranties OF ANY KIND, express or implied, about the Prize(S) and sponsor hereby DISCLAIMS all such warranties, including, but not limited to, any implied warranties of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose. (BECAUSE SOME STATES DO NOT ALLOW THE EXCLUSION OR LIMITATION OF CERTAIN IMPLIED WARRANTIES, THE ABOVE LIMITATION MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU. IN SUCH STATES, THE LIABILITY OF THE RELEASED PARTIES IS LIMITED TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY SUCH STATE LAW.)
The Released Parties are not responsible for: (1) any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by PARTICIPANTs, printing OR PRODUCTION errors, or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or EMPLOYED in the Sweepstakes; (2) technical failures of any kind, including, but not limited to malfunctions, interruptions, or disconnections in phone lines or network hardware or software; (3) unauthorized human intervention in any part of the entry process or the Sweepstakes; (4) technical or human error which may occur in the administration of the Sweepstakes, the processing of entries, or the notification of any winner; or (5) any injury or damage to persons or property which may be caused, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from A PARTICIPANT’S participation in the Sweepstakes or receipt or use or misuse of any prize.
Only the number of prizes stated in these Official Rules is available to be won in the Sweepstakes. In the event that production, technical, seeding, programming, or any other reasons cause more than the stated number of prizes as set forth in these Official Rules to be available and/or claimed, Sponsor reserves the right to award the prizes by a random drawing among all legitimate eligible prize claims.
11. Construction. The invalidity or unenforceability of any provision of these rules shall not affect the validity or enforceability of any other provision. In the event that any such provision is determined to be invalid or otherwise unenforceable, these Official Rules shall be construed in accordance with their terms as if the invalid or unenforceable provision was not contained therein.
12. Sponsor. The JOURNEY CRUISE CONTEST is sponsored by Cox Media Group/WBAB. The decisions of Sponsor regarding the selection of winners and all other aspects of the Sweepstakes shall be final and binding in all respects. Sponsor will not be responsible for typographical, printing or other inadvertent errors in these Official Rules or in other materials or announcements relating to the Sweepstakes. WBAB reserves the right to make changes in the rules of the contest which will become effective upon announcement. For a list of winners (available after March 22, 2016 or a copy of these Official Rules, visit WBAB.com or send a self-addressed, stamped envelope to JOURNEY CRUISE CONTEST, 555 Sunrise Highway, West Babylon, NY 11375. If you have any questions regarding this Sweepstakes, please contact WBAB Promotions at 631-587-1023.
Live Nation Worldwide, Inc. is not a sponsor of the Sweepstakes and is in no way responsible for the administration of the Sweepstakes or the verification of winners. All inquiries regarding the Sweepstakes should be directed to Sponsor not to Live Nation.